Thursday, December 10, 2009

What I learned in class

I have to say I feel like I learned a lot from this class. It was my intention to specifically learn how to use both final cut and flash, and though I kind of accomplished the basics of both of these programs in other classes, I feel that the assignments given provided good practice for the skills I had learned. As far as 150 went, I also found that class to be very helpful as far as learning not only how to use other programs, such as Photoshop, but it gave a good basic understanding of how to use cameras and lighting equipment. I think this class is really well put together in the sense that it gives the students a taste of so many different aspects of media making, and it gave me a good idea of what I wanted to narrow my focus down to. However, I felt I was in an interesting position because I was forced to take these classes after I had already completed the now obsolete media 151, and had a lot of basics in this field accomplished from taking other classes, however, the hands on aspect of the class was definitely an improvement from the way things were done in the past. All and all, I thought this class was a great experience, and I find myself wanted to continue in a postproduction direction. I feel that I still have a lot to learn and it is unfortunate that I only have one semester left at Hunter and am only one analytical class away from finishing the media major, but I feel prepared to increase my skills by using the foundational skills gained from this class along with what I have learned in other classes and through outside experience in the media world.

No comments:

Post a Comment