Monday, December 14, 2009

What I learned from editing

I really enjoyed doing this editing project, I thought that it was a lot of fun. As far as my planning and experience doing this project I would have to say that I feel I wouldn’t redo the way I went about editing just because since this wasn’t my first time using final cut, I felt I had a good sense of what needed to be to make a decent video. If anything I wished I had more time to do the production part of it because there were a couple of shots that I felt I was missing and if I could have gone back and reshot some things I think I would have been happier with the finished product. However, although this was not my first time editing videos, it was my first time editing a narrative piece and I would have to say I did learn some things from that aspect of the experience. The most important thing I came to realize was the importance of continuity and I feel that doing this project gave me a good sense of how to link up shots so that they appear to be seemless. Another thing I learned was that to make continuity work, and to make a video look good in general, the cuts always need to be on the action.
Like I said, I am pretty happy with the outcome of my project, I think I did a good job doing my preproduction work which made things go a lot smother than if I had just tried to wing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment