Thursday, December 10, 2009

What media I like

As someone who aspires to be a media artist, I try to expose myself to many different types of media. I find the Internet to be a great place to find different articles, television shows and works of art that people have created and posted. Of all the websites, the two that I visit most often are facebook.com and boingboing.net. The thing that is great about facebook is it allows you to keep in touch with all the people that you do not get to see in your everyday routine. I feel that I have made a lot of friends over the years and facebook allows me to keep in touch with all of them because its newsfeed thingy reminds me that they exist. I like boing boing because it gives me access to lots of cool and interesting articles about different projects going in the political, science, and art world.
For the kinds of media that I like to view, I think that my favorite kinds are movies and animation. As far as movies go, I still really enjoy the event aspect of having to go to the theater to watch them, and sitting in the big dark room and experience peoples stories on the big screen. And as my education in media increases, I find myself enjoying people’s work more and more and I feel that I have been gaining a good critical eye for understanding the way that movies are made. I also really enjoy animation, especially stop motion and classical drawn, I hope to be more involved with animation as I progress in my career and I feel that learning flash will definitely increase my abilities to pursue these aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment